Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MUMBAI - Horn OK Please !!

I may have mentioned this "Horn OK Please" phrase in previous post (Kala Ghoda Art Festival). Well.. let it be my first post of MUMBAI series posts. I just feel like I need to write something about Mumbai... but not a travel review though. But something that I captured with my lens.


IMG_0487IMG_1275
IMG_1333IMG_1479

You could find "Horn OK Please" in hand writing in the back side of all trucks, water trailers, or small goods carrier cars. I am sure you will understand when you live here. Everyone blowing their horn 24/7. I believe their reflex is not on the brake, but on the horn. The driver will blow their horn 50 meter away from anything that they think would cause them to slow their cars. It is really annoying.

So.. come back to the trucks. I believe the meaning of "Horn OK Please" would be.. please blow your horn, it is OK... please do so... therefore I can hear and see you. Otherwise, do not blame me if I do not see you.

No comments: